We take our role in the community seriously
Here are a few of the ways PAE contributes within and beyond our industry:
- We’re enrolled in the 1% for Public Architecture program, through which we provide 400 hours per year of pro bono time.
- We created our own in-house version of the 1% program: Employees can spend 1% of their work time as volunteers for local programs and causes.
- We make financial donations to Engineers Without Borders, Seattle's Food Frenzy, San Francisco's Tenderloin Community School, and Portland’s Coalition for Excellent Schools, to name a few.
- PAE principals and associates teach classes for Portland State University’s engineering program, Marylhurst University’s interior design program, and the University of Oregon’s architecture program.
Green Warrior Society — Donating Design Services to Make the Unlikely Possible
PAE is proudly a member of the Green Warior Society, or GWS, a highly curated network of talented architecture, engineering and associated professional firms dedicated to pushing the limits of sustainability and social equality in the built environment.
As a member of the GWS, PAE engages in powerful social and environmental missions that address issues such as climate change, habitat loss, resource depletion and social justice. Projects are carefully planned and designed for spaces that stand to benefit the most from healthier, more resource-efficient construction practices.
Pro Bono Projects
PAE has a diverse range of pro bono projects that reflect our company culture and service our communities:
- Mt. Everest Biogas Digester - Gorak Shep, Nepal
- Dharma Rain Zen Center - Portland, OR
- PCUN Passivhaus Leadership Center - Woodburn, OR
- Cascade Bicycle Club - Seattle, WA
- Green Portable Classrooms - Portland, OR
- Hatfield Affordable Housing Passivhaus - Portland, OR