The goal of PAE University is to ensure that all staff members:
- Have a core base of information
- Understand PAE service areas outside of their own
- Stay abreast of the latest approaches, technologies, and thinking in the profession
- Understand the fundamentals of PAE as an engineering firm and as a business
- Develop public-speaking expertise, a crucial skill in today's environment
How is the University structured?
Everybody in the firm has to take at least six core courses and 12 electives taught inside the firm, or an equivalent number of outside courses.
There are internal core courses and elective courses, mostly taught by PAE staff. Younger staff tend to take most of their courses in-house, because those courses usually focus on fundamentals. Internal courses also include non-engineering courses such as marketing, finance, and HR fundamentals.
Our more professionally advanced staff are more likely to participate in courses outside the company. Those may include higher-level finance, management, HR, and marketing, or multi-day conferences focused on a specific sector or technology.